Spray Foam Insulation
Spray foam insulation provides the thermal protection you need to stay comfortable and seals air leaks. Air leaks can account for up to 40% of energy loss in your home or building. As a premier insulation company, Banker Insulation offers spray foam insulation and has the knowledge and experience to do the job right.
With many benefits, spray foam insulation is a worthwhile investment for your home or business. Benefits of combining R-value and air sealing include:
- Greater energy efficiency
- Advanced moisture management
- Energy savings of up to 50%
- Better temperature control
- Noise reduction
- Improved air leak prevention
- Never sags, settles, or shrinks
- Adds to building stability
Spray foam insulation is a two-in-one product, insulating and air sealing in one step. Unlike fiberglass or cellulose insulation, spray foam insulation is applied in a liquid form that quickly expands to completely fill the space between cavities. Such complete coverage prevents air leakage and keeps energy bills low. Foam insulation is durable, stable and long-lasting, and can be used on walls, roofs, attics, and inaccessible areas. It can also increase the strength of your home by helping to provide more stability during high winds. Spray foam comes in two types – open cell and closed cell.
- Open Cell Spray Foam – With a typical R-value of 3.7 per inch, open cell spray foam insulation works as an insulator and air barrier. Open cell spray foam insulation is vapor permeable, able to accommodate seasonal movement, and not a food source for mold. It also dampens sound and is more affordable than closed cell spray foam.
- Closed Cell Spray Foam – Closed cell spray foam also works as an insulator and air barrier, but since the cells of the bubbles remain intact (closed), this product is much more rigid. The closed cell composition and increased density contribute to a higher R-value (approximately 7 per inch) than that of open cell foam. This can contribute to building stability during storms and high winds.
We proudly install spray foam insulation from SWD and Huntsman. Each of our branches offers expert spray foam insulation service. Contact us for a spray foam insulation quote for your next project.