- Keep your thermostat set between 78 – 85 degrees when you’re at home. When you leave for at least a few hours be sure it is set at around 85.
- Use fans to circulate the air in rooms that you’re in. When you leave the room, turn them off. Fans will cool the people in a room, but not the air!
- Avoid having heat build up indoors by keeping blinds and curtains drawn, cook outdoors instead of on the stove, eat cold meals or use a microwave.
- Run appliances like the dishwasher, washing machine and dryer at night when it’s cooler and the cost of energy is lower. Replace older appliances with new energy efficient models.
- If it’s cool outside at night, open your windows to catch a cooling breeze.
- Be sure your home is well insulated.
- Replace old drafty windows with new energy efficient ones.
For more energy saving tips call the experts at Banker Insulation at (602) 273-1261. They are great at finding ways to save you money every day on your energy bills!